Patrons & Members
PGA Codes of Ethics
PGA & PG Graduates
The 9 Gems
Planets & Gems
Jyotish Gem Powers
The Planetary Herbs
Natural Jyotish Pearls
Jyotish Gem Clarity
Mani & Mantra
The PGs Dictionary
PG Reference Material
The PG Diploma
PGA Course Info Links
PGA Cyber Books
(C) 1999 by Planetary Gemologists Association
All rights reserved
123-C All Season Place, 87/208 Wireless Road, Lumpini, Bangkok-10330, Kingdom of Thailand 02-252-1230 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
TEN PRIMARY GEM CHOOSING METHODS
PGA survey compiled by Richard S. Brown
After a lot of interaction with different members of the PGA we have identified TEN PRIMARY GEM CHOOSING METHODS:
1) Lagna Lord's gem method for improving health (Example: If Lagna is Leo, a sign ruled by Sun, the gem would be ruby or other Sun gems like red spinel or red garnet), ---Yes if the planet is located in a 'good' (strong) position, otherwise not. ---Yes even if the planet is located in a 'bad' (weak) position.
2) Moon Rasi Lord's gem method (Example: If Moon is in Virgo, a sign ruled by Mercury, then the gem would be emerald or another Mercury gem like tsavorite or green tourmaline); ---Yes if the planet is located in a 'good' position, otherwise not. ---Yes even if the planet is located in a 'bad' position.
3) Maha-dasha Lord's gem method for ... a. Overcoming bad Dasha periods, or b. Boosting good Dasha periods† (Example: If one is in a Mars Mahadasha or Bhukti then red coral or another Mars gem like red carnelian should be worn), ---Yes if the planet is located in a 'good' position, otherwise not. ---Yes even if the planet is located in a 'bad' position.
4) Weak Planet's gem method for overcoming a weak planet based on the concept that a 'weak' (inauspicious) planet is strengthened by wearing it's gem and there by it changes from being inauspicious (weak) to become auspicious (strong). Example: A person has Jupiter debilitated (0% power) which is inauspicious, but by wearing yellow sapphire or another yellow Jupiter jewel, it is believed that the 'weak' (troublesome) Jupiter gets strengthened and becomes auspicious.
5) Strong Planet's gem method for resorting to one's strong auspicious planet(s) (exalted, mulatrikona, own sign, great friend, etc.) based on the concept that lucky planet = lucky gem! One should avoid their weakness and cultivate their strength. Most auspicious gem of strongest most desirable planet. Example: One has Leo Lagna and their lagna-lord is Sun, who is exalted (100% strength) and posited in the 9th house which is all very auspicious. That person would be advised to use a fine ruby, the Sunís gem, to attract or harness his auspicious influence. On the other hand if the same person had Saturn debilitated (0% strength) and in the 8th house they would be advised to avoid Saturnís gem blue sapphire and all other Saturnine things or activities. And better still they could donate a blue sapphire to pacify Shanideva.
6) Fadic number gem method. Use a gem for the planet associated with one's Fadic number for general luck. (Example: If birth date is 1+13+1966 (1+1+3+1+9+6+6) equals T: 27 (2+7) = T: 9 = cosmic number for Mars (red coral)... -1 is Sun - ruby -2 is Moon - pearl (natural, not cultured) -3 is Jupiter - yellow sapphire -4 is Rahu - hessonite -5 is Mercury - emerald -6 is Venus - diamond -7 is Ketu - cat's eye -8 is Saturn - blue sapphire -9 is Mars - red coral
7) Gem of 11th lord method - Eleventh lord's gem is to be worn for gains: ---Yes if the 11th Lord (planet) is located in a 'good' position, otherwise not. ---Yes even if the 11th Lord (planet) is located in a 'bad' position.
8) Gem of 10th lord method for strengthening one's profession: ---Yes if the 10th Lord (planet) is located in a 'good' position, otherwise not. ---Yes even if the 10th Lord (planet) is located in a 'bad' position.
9) Gem of 9th lord method for improving fortune, happiness ---Yes if the 9th Lord (planet) is located in a 'good' position, otherwise not. ---Yes even if the 9th Lord (planet) is located in a 'bad' position.
10) Gem donation method. It is taught that if a person has a very weak and inauspicious planet causing them harm, this harmful influence can be mitigated by pacifying the harmful planet (Graha-deva) through a sacrifice by donating a gem for the harmful planet to a specified recipient. Example: A person who has Rahu posited in a harmful (weak) position and is in a troublesome Rahu Maha-Dasha would be advised to donate a hessonite or another Rahu gem to a leper on Saturday evening during the waxing Moon.
The purpose of this research is to help organize Planetary Gemology into a recognized Vedic "science" with many distinct schools of thought and methodology. Any and all comments or additions would be much appreciated.
Thank you for reading this.
GEM: A natural pearl, coral, shell,
seed, tooth or mineral that is valued for its rarity, durability, portability,
beauty, perfection or astrological metaphysical influence.
The "Graha-anukul ratna-visheshajna parishad" or Planetary Gemologists Association (PGA), is a necessary regulatory and research group formed to help unite all genuine Planetary Gemologists around the world.
Purpose of the Planetary Gemologists Association is fourfold:
1) To bring order and positive worldwide attention to the ancient science of Planetary Gemology, one of the 64 Asian arts that incorporate Vedic (sidereal) astrology, Ayurveda, and elite mineralogy.
2) To establish high standards of professionalism and expertise as requirements for membership, which will serve as a guarantee of integrity and excellence to the public.
3) To maintain a forum for deliberation into the subtle mysteries of "Planetary Gemology," and to present these findings and conclusions by publishing an annual Journal named the "Journal of the Planetary Gemologists Association."
4) To evolve into an Internet based Institute of Planetary Gemology that provides bona fide information leading to a final exam for qualification as a PGA (Planetary Gem Advisor). NOTE: A PG (Planetary Gemologist) is a qualified PGA who is also a certified Gemologist. PG and PGA Diplomas will be awarded to successful applicants. Click the sample diploma if you are ready to take the PGA - TEST>>>